a repository

a repository

Thursday, January 23, 2020

i, SOLOMON, a descendant of dustman

king solomon told the  queen of sheba EVERYTHING  1 k 10.3

psalm 72 is a PSALM FOR SOLOMON

  1 Kings 9.11:(Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire,) that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee. 

  Proverbs 1:1   The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; 

1 Kings 9:19 And all the cities of store that Solomon had, and cities for his chariots, and cities for his horsemen, and that which Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion.
1 Kings 10:16 And king Solomon made two hundred targets of beaten gold: six hundred shekels of gold went to one target.
1 Kings 10:17 And he made three hundred shields of beaten gold; three pound of gold went to one shield: and the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon.
1 Kings 10:18 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.
1 Kings 10:19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays on either side on the place of the seat, and two lions stood beside the stays.


  Nehemiah 13:26   Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.  

the fall of solomon. 1 kings 2


1 kings 4
30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
31 For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.


Solomon built Millo, and repaired the breaches of the city of David his father.
  1 Kings 11:28   And the man Jeroboam was a mighty man of valour: and Solomon seeing the young man that he was industrious, he made him ruler over all the charge of the house of Joseph.
  1 Kings 11:29   And it came to pass at that time when Jeroboam went out of Jerusalem, that the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite found him in the way; and he had clad himself with a new garment; and they two were alone in the field:
  1 Kings 11:30   And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces:
  1 Kings 11:31   And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee:
  1 Kings 11:32   (But he shall have one tribe for my servant David's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel:)
  1 Kings 11:33   Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father.
  1 Kings 11:34   Howbeit I will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand: but I will make him prince all the days of his life for David my servant's sake, whom I chose, because he kept my commandments and my statutes:
  1 Kings 11:35   But I will take the kingdom out of his son's hand, and will give it unto thee, even ten tribes.
  Kings 11:36   And unto his son will I give one tribe, that David my servant may have a light alway before me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen me to put my name there.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Wisdom+7&version=RSV


i, solomon, a descendant of dustman

Wisdom 7 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

Solomon Like Other Mortals

I also am mortal, like all men,
a descendant of the first-formed child of earth;
and in the womb of a mother I was molded into flesh,
within the period of ten months, compacted with blood,
from the seed of a man and the pleasure of marriage.
And when I was born, I began to breathe the common air,
and fell upon the kindred earth,
and my first sound was a cry, like that of all.
I was nursed with care in swaddling cloths.
For no king has had a different beginning of existence;
there is for all mankind one entrance into life, and a common departure.

Solomon’s Respect for Wisdom

Therefore I prayed, and understanding was given me;
I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came to me.
I preferred her to scepters and thrones,
and I accounted wealth as nothing in comparison with her.
Neither did I liken to her any priceless gem,
because all gold is but a little sand in her sight,
and silver will be accounted as clay before her.
10 I loved her more than health and beauty,
and I chose to have her rather than light,
because her radiance never ceases.
11 All good things came to me along with her,
and in her hands uncounted wealth.
12 I rejoiced in them all, because wisdom leads them;
but I did not know that she was their mother.
13 I learned without guile and I impart without grudging;
I do not hide her wealth,
14 for it is an unfailing treasure for men;
those who get it obtain friendship with God,
commended for the gifts that come from instruction.

Solomon Prays for Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment