Saturday, May 16, 2020

judge the JUDGES , benches

The Lord raised up Judges  (people who JUDGE others)
18 And when the Lord raised them up judges, then the Lord was with the judge,

 

Justice

Deuteronomy 16

18 “You shall appoint judges and officers in all your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment. 19 You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous. 20 Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the Lord your God is giving you


And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

The Book of Judges mentions twelve leaders who are said to "judge" Israel: Othniel, Ehud, Shamgar, Deborah, Gideon, Tola, Jair, Jephthah, Ibzan, Elon, Abdon, and Samson.
  
  Isaiah 11.3:And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:    

THE BOOK OF MORMON

    Mormon 3

    1. [18] Yea, behold, I write unto all the ends of the earth; yea, unto you, twelve tribes of Israel, who shall be judged according to your works by the twelve whom Jesus chose to be his disciples in the land of Jerusalem.
    2. [19] And I write also unto the remnant of this people, who shall also be judged by the twelve whom Jesus chose in this land; and they shall be judged by the other twelve whom Jesus chose in the land of Jerusalem.
    \
    Exodus 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.
    • Job 31:16   If I have withheld the poor from their desire, or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail; (with novacain)
        Job 31:17   Or have eaten my morsel myself alone, and the fatherless hath not eaten thereof; 
        Job 31:18   (For from my youth he was brought up with me, as with a father, and I have guided her from my mother's womb;) 
        Job 31:19   If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, or any poor without covering; 
        Job 31:20   If his loins have not blessed me, and if he were not warmed with the fleece of my sheep; 
        Job 31:21   If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, when I saw my help in the gate: 
        Job 31:22   Then let mine arm fall from my shoulder blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone. 
        Job 31:23   For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his highness I could not endure. 
      Job 31:24   If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence; 
        Job 31:25   If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had gotten much; 
        Job 31:26   If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness; 
        Job 31:27   And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand: 
        Job 31:28   This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above. 


    • isa 28.19///a vexation only to understand the report 
       


      Luke 11.19:And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.   

    ps 33.5  he loveth rightouesness and judgement

    job 9
    23 If the scourge slay suddenly, he will laugh at the trial of the innocent.
    24 The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?



    jer 28.136  broke the yoke of wood

                       make yoke of iron



      Ezekiel 27:6   Of the oaks of Bashan have they made thine oars; the company of the Ashurites have made thy benches of ivory, brought out of the isles of Chittim. 

    a message from the book of mormon
    mosiah 29 11 Therefore I will be your king the remainder of my days; nevertheless, let us appoint judges, to judge this people according to our law; and we will newly arrange the affairs of this people, for we will appoint wise men to be judges, that will judge this people according to the commandments of God.
      •  
      •  a message from the book of mormon
        alma 11
        And the judge received for his wages according to his time—a senine of gold for a day, or a senum of silver, which is equal to a senine of gold; and this is according to the law which was given.
        Now these are the names of the different pieces of their gold, and of their silver, according to their value. And the names are given by the Nephites, for they did not reckon after the mannerof the Jews who were at Jerusalem; neither did they measure after the manner of the Jews; but they altered their reckoning and their measure, according to the minds and the circumstances of the people, in every generation, until the reign of the judges, they having been established by king Mosiah



    No comments:

    Post a Comment