a repository

a repository

Saturday, October 30, 2021

CONTEND fight over land

  Jeremiah 32.24:Behold the mounts, they are come unto the city to take it; and the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans, that fight against it, because of the sword, and of the famine, and of the pestilence: and what thou hast spoken is come to pass; and, behold, thou seest it 


Search for: contend 

(24 verses)


  Deuteronomy 2:9   And the LORD said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession. 

  Deuteronomy 2:24   Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle. 

  Nehemiah 13:11   Then contended I with the rulers, and said, Why is the house of God forsaken? And I gathered them together, and set them in their place. 

  Nehemiah 13:17   Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day? 

  Nehemiah 13:25   And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves. 

  Job 9:3   If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand. 

  Job 10:2   I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me. 

  Job 13:8   Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God? 

  Job 31:13   If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me; 


  Job 40:2   Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it. 


  Proverbs 28:4   They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them. 

  Proverbs 29:9   If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest. 

  Ecclesiastes 6:10   That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it is man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he. 

  Isaiah 41:12   Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 

  Isaiah 49:25   But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children. 

  Isaiah 50:8   He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. 

  Isaiah 57:16   For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made. 

  Jeremiah 12:5   If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan? 

  Jeremiah 18:19   Give heed to me, O LORD, and hearken to the voice of them that contend with me. 

  Amos 7:4   Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and, behold, the Lord GOD called to contend by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and did eat up a part. 


  Jude 1:3   Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 

  Jude 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.


  Jeremiah 32.5:And he shall lead Zedekiah to Babylon, and there shall he be until I visit him, saith the LORD: though ye fight with the Chaldeans, ye shall not prosper.   


  Isaiah 36.10:And am I now come up without the LORD against this land to destroy it? the LORD said unto me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.  

  Judges 5.19:The kings came and fought, then fought the kings of Canaan in Taanach by the waters of Megiddo; they took no gain of money.  

  a message from the book of mormon

Alma 43

  1. [43] Now in this case the Lamanites did fight exceedingly; yea, never had the Lamanites been known to fight with such exceedingly great strength and courage, no, not even from the beginning.
  2. [44] And they were inspired by the Zoramites and the Amalekites, who were their chief captains and leaders, and by Zerahemnah, who was their chief captain, or their chief leader and commander; yea, they did fight like dragons, and many of the Nephites were slain by their hands, yea, for they did smite in two many of their head-plates, and they did pierce many of their breastplates, and they did smite off many of their arms; and thus the Lamanites did smite in their fierce anger.
  3. [45] Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church

No comments:

Post a Comment