a repository

a repository

Friday, January 14, 2022

misc

\


 But any of you that is devout in the service of Allah and His Messenger, and works righteousness,- to her shall We grant her reward twice: and We have prepared for her a generous Sustenance (Q. 33:30–31). ... Thus, their sinful deeds would mislead many women, just as their righteous deeds would guide other women.


Ali 'Imran 3:23

Hast thou not seen how those who have received a portion of the Scripture invoke the Scripture of Allah (in their disputes) that it may judge between them; then a faction of them turn away, being opposed (to it)?

- M. Pickthall
Do you not consider, [O Muḥammad], those who were given a portion of the Scripture? They are invited to the Scripture of Allāh that it should arbitrate between them; then a party of them turns away, and they are refusing.







Ali 'Imran 3:35
إِذۡ
قَالَتِ

Imran’s wife said, ‘Lord, I have dedicated what is growing in my womb entirely to You; so accept this from me. You are the One who hears and knows all,’

- M.A.S. Abdel Haleem
(Remember) when ‘Imrān’s wife said: “O my Lord, I have vowed that what is in my womb will be devoted exclusively for You. So, accept (it) from me. You, certainly You, are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.”

- T. Usmani
˹Remember˺ when the wife of ’Imrân said, “My Lord! I dedicate what is in my womb entirely to Your service, so accept it from me. You ˹alone˺ are truly the All-Hearing, All-Knowing.”

- Dr. Mustafa Khattab, The Clear Quran



Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust). Arberry: O believers, take not Jews and Christians as ...


Then Moses told his people, "My people, you have sinned against yourselves by worshipping the calf, so repent to your Creator and then kill yourselves.









 

Verse (2:191) - English Translation - The Quranic Arabic Corpus

Sahih International: And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing.

Fitna is an Arabic word with extensive connotations of trial, affliction, or distress

No comments:

Post a Comment