a repository

a repository

Saturday, December 8, 2018

made Philip ruler over all his kingdom. 1 MAC 6.12

maccabbees 6 12. But now I remember the evils I did in Jerusalem. I seized all her vessels of silver and gold; and I sent to destroy the inhabitants of Judah without good reason.
13. I know that it is because of this that these evils have come upon me; and behold, I am perishing of deep grief in a strange land."
14. Then he called for Philip, one of his friends, and made him ruler over all his kingdom.
15. He gave him the crown and his robe and the signet RING, that he might guide Antiochus his son and bring him up to be king.


17. And when Lysias learned that the king was dead, he set up Antiochus the king's son to reign. Lysias had brought him up as a boy, and he named him Eupator.

No comments:

Post a Comment